Barrier is the Australian leader in the development, manufacture and supply of a wide range of workplace and pedestrian safety solutions. Our comprehensive range of products and services are needed by facilities and organisations around Australia.
Barrier Group was founded to provide high-quality workplace and pedestrian safety solutions. Starting with a single bollard designed to stop smash-and-grab burglaries at retail stores and warehouses, we have grown into Australia's leading physical environment safety solution provider with deep design, manufacturing and installation experience.
Our broad range of products and services covers all industries and safety requirements, and draws on our strong record of delivering reliable, effective and standards-meeting solutions to our clients.
The following is a list of categories and products that Barrier Group supplies:
- Bollards and U-Bars
- Bollards and u-bars are used as traffic barriers to protect pedestrians and perimeters around buildings and services.
- Fence and Rail Systems
- Handrails, guard rails, forklift separation barriers and machinery guarding solutions create pedestrian zones in car parks, distribution centres and warehouses.
- Industrial Gates
- Boom barrier gates for warehouses, factories and car parks and mezzanine safety gates for distribution centres.
- Queue Management
- Queue management systems used in airports, shopping centres and cinemas, and crowd control barriers used at any public event.
- Expandable Barriers
- Port-a-guard expanding safety barriers create pedestrian free zones and prevent unauthorised access to unsafe areas.
- Vehicle and Parking
- Traffic calming speed bumps, road spike strips and the Scorpion wheel clamp that law enforcement agencies prefer in Australia.
- Bumpers and Buffers
- Rebounding bollards, column cushions and dock bumpers that stop structures from being damaged by vehicle and forklift impacts.
- Street Hardware
- Bicycle parking racks, cyclist holding rails and skateboard deterrents largely populate this section of their business.
- Under Foot
- Tactile paving to assist the visually impaired, stair nosing and non-slip flooring solutions, and portable ramps to bridge the gap between the dock and truck during operation.
- Factory and Warehouse
- Workplace safety solutions like wire shelving and convex safety and surveillance mirrors.
Barrier Group is the Australian leader in the development, manufacture and supply of a wide range of workplace and pedestrian safety solutions. We provide our clients access to an end-to-end solution offering built on our deep design, manufacturing and installation expertise. This ensures that Barrier Group’s clients are provided with a simple, reliable, and standards-compliant safety solution to meet their specific requirements.
Additional services available:
Trade Show Exhibitions
Over the years, Barrier Group has exhibited their products and solutions at some of the workplace safety industry's best trade shows.
Some of their most notable exhibits include:
- North American Material Handling and Logistics Show 2010
- Sydney Safety in Action 2012
- Brisbane Land Forces 2014
- Australian International Airshow (Avalon Airshow) 2015
Barrier is proud to be an Australian-owned company with a strong connection to the local community. We are an active member of both the Northern Futures Program, which offers training and employment opportunities to those at risk of becoming or remaining jobless, and the Give Where You Live Foundation, which aims to address disadvantage in the local community. We are a sponsor to several local community sporting clubs to encourage an active and healthy lifestyle.
Barrier Group has participated in recruiting staff through the Northern Futures Program by giving employment opportunities to those that are in the 60% of people that are at risk of becoming or remaining jobless in the Geelong community.
The company is a bronze donor that annually supports the Give Where You Live Foundation.